Information on appointment scheduling and other changes at the office (starting 03/16/2020):
Because of the current coronavirus epidemic, the on-line booking of appointments will be temporarily discontinued. Consultations will continue as usual, but scheduling methods need to be adapted. Most importantly:
- My daily schedule will be divided into two parts: one tine slot for sick patients and one for healthy children.
- If your child starts showing symptoms before you "healthy" appointment time, please call me so I can reschedule you to a "sick" appointment time.
- My usual waiting room is now reserved for well-being children/checkup patients. A waiting area has been set up at the front of the practice. This separation is critical to the virus containment requirements during the current epidemic, so I strongly urge families to be respectful of this new setup and not give sick children access to the rear waiting room.
- I will continue to see as many patients as I can but please understand that the increase in consultation needs may affect my availability and limit the openings in my schedule.
- In order to keep up with the necessary disinfecting routine, I need to drastically limit the amount of toys available to children in my waiting room. Please bring your child's favorite toys with you, if they need some while they wait.
- All practitioners have been asked to limit the number of visitors to their offices. Therefore please limit the attending adults to one per child. Face masks are compulsory for children 12 years or older, as well as adults.
- Diapers could be vectors for the coronavirus. Please bring trash bags with you to your appointment and take soiled diapers away for disposal outside of my office.
Coronavius pandemic: latest informations and recommendations
As the coronavirus epidemic progresses, the official recommendations evolve. May I kindly ask that you carefully read the following information. I will update this page regularly. You may also find answers to many questions on www.info-coronavirus.be/en or on the WHO page.
- Please note that the current data suggest the coronavirus presents low risks for infected infants and children. No panic!
- If you have reasons to suspect your child to be infected by the coronavius (fever, cough, runny nose) OR is she/he has been in close contact with a confirmed case: please phone me before scheduling an appointment.
It is necessary for practitioners to organise their consultations in order to avoid a potentially infected patient sharing the waiting room with others. I will therefore schedule your child's appointment according to the day's planning. Thank you for your collaboration.